Welcome to my blog.. I am here to share with you my love of Scrapbooking and snippets into my everyday life. I believe a creative life is a happy life

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Stuck?! Sketches

Hello world.. this is me...

So Hubby took up mountain biking.. and its been great to see him enjoying doing something that wasnt work related... Then we started to take the kids for rides at a park and I took the plunge and got a cheap bike and had a few goes.. But then a few months before Christmas.. someone came into our yard and stole 3 of the 4 bikes... Hubbies expensive mountain bike.. my cheap bike and down the road we found our then 7 year old's  bike trashed. Needless to say we were not happy and neither mine or hubbies bikes were ever found,

So Mr 7 got a new bike, Hubby got a better mountain bike and I kind of just let the whole bike thing go.. We now have the bikes living in our garage/office so as to not be stolen again.(we live in a small house with a small shed .. there is no where else haha)

Anyways hubby got serious with his mountain biking and starting tackling the amazing bike tracks we have in our town that basically lead UP THE MOUNTAIN. And I will admit I got a little envious of all the attention his bike was getting (cue music - "Jealous of the way,," you know the one... )and after having a pretty rough week one week and my self confidence at an all time low- I decided it was time to walk into the bike shop and take the plunge. It was a bit of an expensive plunge but you know what.. despite that, I will admit I have not looked back since I brought that bike. It is AMAZING how much having a hobby you can share and enjoy with hubby makes a huge difference to your life. My first ride was a nice flat ride but boy did it hurt..

So I am a novice - no use denying that there.. But on day after being sick and in isolation for 10 days hubby took me for a ride in a different spot "It will be easy he said ..." yeah.. little did I know we were heading to THAT mountain...

So anyways THAT mountain has 15 different/a joining tracks.. And he took me Track 1... which is the easiest of the tracks.. but it hurt.. but IT WAS AWESOME!!! I am now so addicted! We rarely get to go.. but OMG I LOVE it.. and that is what this page was all about...

STUCK?!







SO if you want to try something- but are too scared to TAKE THE PLUNGE

TFL X K

3 comments:

  1. Awesome layout...love the story! Great embellishing and title! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page!Thank you for joining us at stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous page to document your story! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete